Pristine. Exhilarating. Epic. These words succinctly describe FERRY CORSTEN’s music. Celebrating his 20th year as a world-class EDM (electronic dance music) DJ/producer, FERRY CORSTEN delivers his fourth full-length studio album, WKND (Ultra Music/Flashover), on February 24th. Blinding flashes of brilliance ensue from the first track through to the last, 15 in total including a bonus track. Tight, punchy and radio-ready, the carefully crafted tracks on WKND are as well-suited for a packed dancefloor as they are for afternoon-drive on pop radio. With this attention to detail, it’s no wonder FERRY CORSTEN is today amongst the most sought-after artists in the world. What FERRY CORSTEN creates in music is the sound of now….not following any trends in pop/dance radio, but rather setting them.
WKND showcases FERRY CORSTEN’s artistic diversity. From the peak-time festival crowd-pleasers to the radio-ready pop songs and every step in between, CORSTEN paints with masterful strokes. The result is a collection of meticulously built tunes in perfect keeping with the sound of today.
For die-hard EDM lovers, CORSTEN delivers a stable of epic, anthemic tracks. From the mainroom-killing “Brute” with fellow superstar, ARMIN VAN BUUREN, to the punchy “Take Me” and the progressive house “Don’t Be Afraid” with its enormous build and resounding breakdown, CORSTEN generates a sense of apocalyptic urgency that’s nonetheless melodic and beautiful. “Sunday,” the iTunes bonus track, is written in a minor chord and is eerily good with its stuttered vocal stabs and warm bassline. Likewise, “WKND,” the title track, digs deep with its rumbling bottom and rejoicing synths before exploding with crushing ferocity. Ferry Corsten’s first single release of WKND was the hugely successful track, “Feel It,” which features a sample that has also been used in the classic house music anthem, “Can You Feel It,” by PHILIPPE B. vs TODD TERRY. CORSTEN heralds a new era of euphoric, uplifting electronic music in its purest form on “A Day Without Rain” featuring ELLIE LAWSON, her super-charged vocals bringing smiles of ecstasy to club-goers’ faces. The equally inspiring albeit slower tempo “Walk On Air” featuring PIERRE IN THE AIR & AMBA SHEPERD is also a glimmering jewel.
Not one to be constrained to the underground EDM scene – vast as it may be – FERRY CORSTEN tackles and conquers the mainstream with a series of pop radio-friendly songs that have “hit” written all over them. It’s impossible to choose a favorite between this many gems. Take the soaring, sunshine-y song, “In Your Eyes” featuring JES, or the immaculate, annihilating ballad that is “Not Coming Down” featuring BETSIE LARKIN, and both are winners. CORSTEN proves that, in the right hands, male vocals can be just as hook-y, as exemplified by the previously released hit single, “Check It Out,” and the storming “Love Will,” the latter featuring DUANE HARDEN. CORSTEN ensures that pop radio will indeed come calling with the proper song construction of “Let You Go” featuring K’s Choice singer SARAH BETTENS, the luscious sonic pleasures of “Live Forever” featuring ARUNA, and the catchy electro-house of “Ain’t No Stoppin’” featuring BEN HAGUE.
In the cutthroat world of A-list producers, evolution and adaptability become the keys to longevity. To wit, FERRY CORSTEN has been requested by fellow A-listers for remix work, including by: U2, MOBY, DURAN DURAN, PUBLIC ENEMY, WILLIAM ORBIT, NELLY FURTADO, FAITHLESS, THE KILLERS and many others. As an original artist, WKND marks FERRY CORSTEN’s fourth full-length artist album. CORSTEN’s previous studio albums were: Twice In A Blue Moon (2008), L.E.F. (2006) and Right Of Way (2003).
With two decades as a professional performer under his belt, many of CORSTEN’s compilations reflect his live sets at any given time. His many compilations include, Trance Nation, World Tour and Passport, and more recently, installations one and two of the wildly popular Once Upon A Night series. Once Upon A Night-Vol.1 hit the “#1” sales position on the iTunes Dance Chart (U.S.) within its first week of release. Best-selling singles from FERRY CORSTEN have also been numerous over the years, and fans still clamor to hear them in a live setting. Those singles include: “Punk,” “Gouryella” (with TIËSTO), “Walhalla,” “Cry,” “Rock Your Body Rock,” “Fire,” and countless more. Today, FERRY CORSTEN heads his own Flashover Recordings imprint, releasing his own music and that of other promising talent. CORSTEN’s weekly “Corsten’s Countdown” internationally syndicated radio mixshow can be heard in more than 50 countries including Sirius XM Radio in the U.S.
High-quality, full-length artist albums by EDM producers are few and far between. With WKND, FERRY CORSTEN again raises the bar.
www.ultramusic.com and www.ferrycorsten.com
Tracklist for FERRY CORSTEN’s WKND (Ultra Music/Flashover)
- Ferry Corsten ft Ellie Lawson – A Day Without Rain
- Ferry Corsten – Feel It
- Ferry Corsten ft Ben Hague – Ain’t No Stoppin’
- Ferry Corsten – Don’t Be Afraid
- Ferry Corsten ft Betsie Larkin – Not Coming Down
- Ferry Corsten vs Armin van Buuren – Brute
- Ferry Corsten ft Aruna – Live Forever
- Ferry Corsten ft Sarah Bettens – Let You Go
- Ferry Corsten – Check It Out
- Ferry Corsten ft Duane Harden – Love Will
- Ferry Corsten ft Jes – In Your Eyes
- Ferry Corsten ft Pierre In The Air & Amba Shepherd – Walk On Air
- Ferry Corsten – Take Me
- Ferry Corsten – WKND
- Ferry Corsten – Sunday (iTunes bonus track)
- February 10 venue TBA Madrid, Spain Milan, Italy
- February 17 Amnesia, Milan, Italy
- February 22 Wild Knight, Phoenix, AZ – USA
- February 23 Beta Nightclub, Denver, CO – USA
- February 24 Marquee, Las Vegas, NV – USA
- February 25 Avalon, Los Angeles, CA – USA
- February 26 Ruby Skye, San Francisco, CA – USA
- March 03 Cream (Early), Liverpool, UK
- March 03 Passion (Late), Coalville, UK
- March 08 Next Club, Tel Aviv, Israel
- March 09 NRG, Chisinau, Moldova
- March 10 Matrixx, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- March 16 Monday Bar Spring Break Cruise, Sweden, Finland
- March 17 Godskitchen @ Air, Birmingham, UK
- March 23 Ultra Music Festival, Miami, FL – USA
- March 31 “A State Of Trance 550”, Den Bosch, The Netherlands
- April 05 20 Years of Radio FG, Paris, France
- April 11 “Corsten’s Countdown episode 250″, USA
- April 12 [TBA], USA
- April 13 [TBA], USA
- April 14 [TBA], USA
- April 19 [TBA], India
- April 20 [TBA], India
- April 21 [TBA], India
- April 27 The Gallery 17th Birthday, London, UK
- April 28 “Full On Ferry”, Glasgow, Scotland
- April 30 Mayday, Dortmund, Germany