1. Please tell us how you guys fell in love with Trance and how big trance was in Egypt at the time you met and became world class DJ’s? How did it all start?
Paul van Dyk was our inspiration, trance was slowly growing at that time.
2. How have you influenced Egypt with your music and how have you influenced Trance music with your Egyptian heritage? Is your music truly the “Future Sound of Egypt?
The brand is growing all the time, last night we hosted FSOE 250 in Sharm at Space, Ferry Corsten, W&W, Sean Tyas, Shogun, Bjorn Akesson, Mohamed Ragab and Jwaydan joined us, what a great party
3. You have played on many “ASOT” stages throughout your career. What was your fondest memory of any ASOT performance? They are very epic events! Tell us about your experience. It’s been 5 times in a row now which is pretty huge.
ASOT 300 in Den Bosch in 2007 was our debut for ASOT. It really helped us come into the public eye, and we are very proud to play all 6 years in a row, alongside Armin van Buuren and Markus Schulz.
4. You have a very uplifting Trance sound that Trance lovers crave and many try to hang on to. Now that so many Trance artists are moving towards a more progressive sound, how are you planning to keep your uplifting sound and how hard or easy has it been to still play what you love?
We will stick to what we believe in.
5. I hear a lot of guitars, beautiful synths and pianos in your tracks. You do a great job at giving each instrument solo parts that make your music very expressive and emotional. Tell me about your music production? What Digital audio workstations do you use and how do you incorporate all these instruments into your tracks?
Logic is a great program that we use.
6. I’ve really enjoyed many of your sets throughout the years, but your set at Space during WMC 2012 in Miami, which our team had the chance to cover, has been one of my ultimate favorites. How are you able to read what the crowd wants to hear depending on the place, location and occasion while still keeping your own unique sounds?
Every crowd is different, in their own special way, after years of DJing, you can learn to read the crowd better each time.
7. You guys make an amazing duo behind the scenes and even though you hardly perform together, what do you think DJ duos bring to the table in the EDM scene and how are you different from other duos like Cosmic Gate, Tritonal and Gabriel and Dresden?
Maybe the whole Egyptian aspect, its mystical, and all duos are great in their own right.
8. And last but not least, without attacking any specific genre, what do you see in the future of Trance with the fast paced way EDM has been booming and being influenced by other genres?
TRANCE WILL NEVER DIE!
9. You guys will be finally coming back to NYC during Electric Zoo for one of the Made Event official after parties. How exciting is it to be coming back to the Big Apple, and do you have something epic planned for us? NYC Trance Family will be waiting anxiously!
We are going to play B2B with John O’Callgahan and playing with him is always amazing. There is so much energy.
Interview by: Jerry James for EDMNYC
Don’t Forget to vote for Aly&Fila at DJ Mag Top 100