Nicole Moudaber has been making a lot of noise in the techno scene and this is certainly only the beginning. After just finishing her first ever Essential Mix on BBC Radio 1, which I consider a masterpiece, we now have dates for her North American tour. Not only does she have this huge tour coming up but her latest EP titled, “The Journey Begins”, featuring Victor Calderone is coming out on August 20th.
The EP features two tracks with the famous Victor Calderone. One of the tracks is “The Journey Begins”, which most including myself have been patiently waiting for the release of since hearing it played in recent sets by both. The other is “Vertical Limit”, a more recent production from the two which also has a deep, dark and infectious vibe. Regardless these will be two monster tracks to be played after actually being released on the 20th.
Adam Beyer has played “The Journey Begins” on his DCR show and has called it, “one of those epic techno tracks that you don’t come across that often anymore” he also said, “You will be able to play it for many years to come without it feeling dated”. Both statements are completely true as I foresee many DJs using it as a vital stamp in their sets.
The title of the EP couldn’t be any more perfect because the journey is actually just beginning for Nicole Moudaber. Already completing many accomplishments on her own productions, in addition her remix for Carl Cox’s “Chemistry” won the International Dance Music Award for ‘Best Minimal/Techno Track’. She also has an upcoming launch of her own label called “MOOD” records which will feature her own releases along with many other talented DJs. As I said before this is only the beginning for this talented DJ and I’m certain her name will be heard more often than it already is now.
It’s one thing to listen to productions or sets of hers at home but one important aspect is seeing this girl really work the decks live, its incredible. Check the tour dates below to find out when you can catch her in your city:
Nicole Moudaber Tour Dates
- August 17 Paris, France @ Rex Club
- August 18 Cabries, France @ Spartacus
- August 25 Amsterdam, Netherlands @ Voltt Loves Summer at NDSM Docklands
- August 31 Munich, Germany @ Bass Temple / Harry Klein
- September 8 Rimini, Italy @ Cocorico
- September 14 Toronto, Canada @ Footwork
- September 15 Montreal, Canada @ Stereo
- September 16 Brooklyn, NY @ Dekalb Market
- September 21 Houston, Texas @ Stereo Live
- September 22 San Bernardino, California @ Nocturnal Wonderland at NOS Event Center
- September 28 Boston, MA @ Bijou Nightclub
- September 29 Miami, FL @ Space
- October 12 Bogota, Colombia @ Downtown
- October 13 Pereira, Colombia @ La Herradura
- October 13 Medellin, Colombia @ Forum Club
- October 14 Cali, Colombia @ Eliptica Club
- October 17 Amsterdam, Netherlands @ ADE Awakenings: Carl Cox presents Global 500 at Gashouder
- October 19 Naples, Italy @ Terminal
- October 27 London, United Kingdom @ Drumcode at The Great Suffolk St. Warehouse
- November 3 Helsinki, Finland @ The Clinic